Our league has a variety of volunteer opportunities. Enthusiasm and compassion are the prerequisites. By giving only a few hours of your time, you will not only make a difference in the life of a child with special needs, but also grow as a person.
Sixth Grade and up | Any qualified individual or group can give individuals with special needs the gift of baseball by volunteering as a Buddy. Our Buddy system pairs each player with a volunteer helper. Buddy training is provided on-site before your shift begins. Working one-on-one with our players will warm your heart and give you a new perspective on life. Sign up by following the Volunteer Registration button.
Goals for our Buddies include:
- Assist the player according to his/her needs.
- Protect the player at all times.
- Allow the player as much freedom as possible to play.
- Have fun!
- Volunteers must be at least 6th grade and older
- Volunteers must first view the on line training video and attend a training session, held on-site before each shift.
- Volunteers must pre-register ( on line) weekly for the shift they wish to serve.
- Volunteer shifts, assigned by the buddy coordinator, are a minimum of two hours..
- If your group wishes to volunteer together , please email Joy Grace
Here is how to Sign Up:
Once background check is submitted check the schedule for openings.
Santa Rosa County requires annual background checks for all volunteers age 16 and above who have direct contact with children participating in activities at all Santa Rosa County Parks. All coaches, assistant coaches, team parents, or anyone on the field with the players is required to have this background check. The background check form must be completely filled out with appropriate witness signatures included. You may mail or hand-deliver the completed form to the county offices in Milton; the address is below. The county will not accept e-mailed or faxed forms; you must mail or hand-deliver (to Milton) a hard copy of the form with original signatures.
SRC Recreational Services Dept.
6075 Old Bagdad Hwy.
Milton, FL 32583
All forms are due prior to the first practice of the season. Background checks must be approved by the county by the first game.
- Download and print the applicable background check form below
- Complete the form ensuring all highlighted fields are filled in
- Mail or deliver the form to address below